Monday, October 19, 2009

Bad Cooking

Today's dinner was bad. Really bad. Remember I said I wanted to try your chicken curry? When I walked out to the kitchen I was feeling cold, so I decided instead to cook tom yam udon with wanton, eggs and vegetables. Then came my first mistake, I thought of adding a big piece of chicken (drum and thigh came in 1 piece) into the soup so that I would have more meat. I was really hungry then.

So I put the chicken into the mircowave to defrost. After 5 min, I opened it. There was this damn bad smell of blood and the chicken was like quite bloody. So I instead of putting it into my noodles to boil, I put it in a separate pot to boil. but then the chicken couldn't fit into the pot. All this while my noodles was already cooking in a separate pot with the wanton already. zzzz so I just threw the chicken away cos the smell of blood was overwhelming!! Holy shit man, I still got 2kg of that chicken in my freezer...

Ok nvm so I thought to make up for the lost chicken I shall fry the famous vjc ham-cheese omelette. Mistake no. 2: I added too much oil! Wah in the end the oil was like floating on top of the omelette, and the omelette didn't taste too good at all. And bear in mind that all this time my noodles were cooking in a separate pot! Haha so in the end I ended up with super soggy udon and vegetables in a not-very-nice soup. Oh and I forgot to mention that I added a bit too much udon cos I thought I was very hungry!

By the time I finished cooking everything, I wasn't really that hungry anymore. I had to sort of force myself to finish the udon. Really couldn't finish the omelette so I kept it away for tomorrow's lunch.

Oh well, just when I thought I was a not-bad cook already, this had to happen and bring me back down to reality! Sigh, a little down now, but I guess tomorrow will be a better day! Just had to tell somebody about this bad cooking...

No comments:

Post a Comment